NEW!! Square Tuffet
Description: If you love the round tuffets, you will fall head over heals for the Square Tuffet! Pegan Williams of Quilters Cocoon, located in Riverside, California, created this simplified method of tuffet making. What a perfect gift for a new mother, a recent retiree, or even a sports fan. A tuffet makes the perfect accessory to any quilt! Let Bella Fabrics show you how to create this beautiful, professionally finished accessory that will compliment any room! All supplies needed will be available in the classroom, so sit back, sign up, and get ready to put your feet up on your beautiful square tuffet!
1. Square Tuffet pattern with fusible interfacing – Part of class kit
2. Sewing machine in good working order
3. ¾ yard Main Fabric – requires the same amount if using directional fabric.
4. ¾ yard Muslin if using a light feature fabric – will be provided in your class kit.
5. 5/8 yard each of 3 coordinating fabrics for corners. Best if non-directional fabric
6. Fons and Porter glue stick if using a light color fabric
7. Fat quarter for bottom of Tuffet
8. 6” Square of fabric for button
9. 6” Square of batting for button – Shop provides in kit
10. Sewing thread that matches nicely with your fabric selections (Aurifil recommended)
11. Straight glass head pins
12. Rotary cutter with sharp blade
13. Omnigrid Cut-n-Press 12 x 18 – Recommended but not mandatory
14. Small travel iron – Recommended but not mandatory
15. Scissors for fabric and a small pair with sharp point
16. Ruler – Creative Grids 3 ½” x 12 ½” is good for this project
17. Best Press
18. Sewing needles for upholstery thread and a large curved needle for cording – Shop provides in kit